Go to my library to get free dollhouse miniature SVG files, that you can use for making your own miniatures!
Here is a quick video tutorial on how to import and resize SVG files into Cricut Design Space. You can watch it on YouTube if you’re unable to watch it here.
These are the general steps to take to import and resize dollhouse miniature SVG files into Cricut Design Space:
- Download and save the SVG file into your computer.
- Open a blank Canvas in Design Space.
- Upload the file into Design Space, and Insert image into the Canvas
- While keeping the entire file grouped:
- Change the size of the file to between 6 to 10 inches wide (keeping the ratio locked)
- Change the file X,Y coordinates to 0,0 so you can see it on the canvas
- Drag to resize the grouped components so that the test square measures 1 inch (use the grid as a rough guide)
- Ungroup the file to check the test square. If the test square is still too far from 1 inch, regroup all the components and drag to resize again.
- When the test square is close to 1 inch (say. 0.997 or 1.005), you leave the components ungrouped.
- Resize each individual shape/component to the correct sizes. Whenever possible, I usually include measurements of the individual shapes in each tutorial.
- Duplicate each shape/component to make the required quantities.
Hope this helps!